Out of Hours

If at any time your medical condition is critical - this would include chest pain, unconsciousness, shortness of breath, etc - you should call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

Otherwise please select the appropriate option from the list below. However, if your problem can wait until the surgery opens it is better to do this - we believe strongly in continuity of care, and the emergency services usually won't have access to your full medical records in the way we do.

NHS 111

You can call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service, or
  • you require reassurance about what to do next

NHS 111 is free to call from mobiles and landlines.

Attend a hospital Casualty Department

The casualty department will treat recent injuries, or other problems that aren't suitable for the GP service. The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Bridgwater Hospital (01278 451501) is run by Nurse Practitioners and is closed overnight (11pm - 8am). The Accident and Emergency (A&E) unit at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton (01823 333444) is medically staffed 24 hours/day.


If you are pregnant, you may have been given a number for contacting the midwife.
If you have an urgent problem, Social Services (01458 253241) may be able to help.